[Marxism] Quiting Marxism, embracing what?

Carlos Petroni cepetroni at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 12:48:16 MST 2006

Carrol wrote:

He may mean he's renouncing marxism but this sentence doesn't say that.

What the sentence says is that he is renouncing the _current

organizational forms" of marxism -- which in my view is more

precondition for being a marxist in the u.s. today than any rejection of

marxism. Organizations as those named substitute for marxism a

particular set of opinions on contingent relations at this time.

Me:

 Yes, I can see in the text that your understanding could very well
be his... Since he is a reader of this list and he even mentioned
Louis in his latest, maybe he can clarify the issue.

I found first the interpretation you gave but then, reading further,
it seems as if he rejects Marxism -- of what he understand
by Marxism -- alltogether.

Lea todos los días análisis y articulos de izquierda y un servicio de noticias que se actualiza cada hora. Lea Izquierda Punto Info