[Marxism] Ahmadinejad's latest missive

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Nov 30 14:28:21 MST 2006

Andy wrote:
>If you take out the offending paragraph,

But that's the problem. I didn't even pay any attention to it until
it came up on stupid rightwing smirking asshole Tucker Carlson's
MSNBC show. When you make such a gaffe, the rightwing exploits it.
This is simply the latest misstep from Ahmadinejad going back to his
flirtation with holocaust denial. I myself have not actually found
anything that is a definite support for the Ernst Zundel/David Irving
crap, but Ahmadinejad has a way of getting himself into trouble. I
should take that back. He gets us into trouble because they use him
against Hugo Chavez. Although I don't think that there is really any
problem with anti-Semitism in the Arab and Muslim world, there are
continuous signs that Islamic radicals lack a class analysis and
adapt to anti-Semitism. For example, Abu Nasser, who is an all-round
great guy who used to be on Marxmail, writes for an online
publication that has backed Zundel/Irving. And article 32 of the
Hamas Charter states:

 >>The Zionist plan is limitless. After Palestine, the Zionists
aspire to expand from the Nile to the Euphrates. When they will have
digested the region they overtook, they will aspire to further
expansion, and so on. Their plan is embodied in the "Protocols of the
Elders of Zion", and their present conduct is the best proof of what
we are saying.<<

Now, none of this actually hurts any Jew anywhere in the world, just
as the occasional anti-Semitic outburst from a Black nationalist like
Sonny Carson did. It is simply bad public relations.