[Marxism] Marx's _Capital_

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 03:43:30 MDT 2007

--- Peter McLaren <drpetermclaren at gmail.com> wrote:

> ouch, normblog --  the vile Norm Geras...

Aside from the laptop bombardier politics of the
website, I also find it is just not a very
satisfactory approach to Capital, i.e. as simply a
Victorian novel.  Yes, Marx was an excellent writer,
and yes, the various historical and literary allusions
make reading Capital an enriching experience, but it
is first and foremost a serious interdisciplinary work
in sociology, philosophy, and economy.  I defy anyone
to provide a better account of the dynamics of
capitalism in its "ideal average".