[Marxism] Critique of critique of communism?

Sayan Bhattacharyya ok.president+marxmail at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 05:07:01 MDT 2007

I am looking for a good refutation of the following argument against
the feasibility/practicality of communism:

"Communism, defined as maximum self-realization for all individuals,
is in itself a contradictory notion since my self-realization may
prevent you from realizing your creative abilities. For example, my
self-realization may depend upon the recognition of others. But such
recognition is by its nature a positional good in the sense that not
everybody can be equally famous."

Thoughts?

-Sayan.

P.S. The above occurs in: <http://www.geocities.com/hmelberg/papers/960506.htm>.