[Marxism] The absence of real forces [was: The low point]

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Fri Aug 3 06:56:49 MDT 2007

I expect that the standard of living seems to be vastly higher in the U.S.
than it actually is...or than it would be, if adjusted and made equitable.
It's simply a question of what's highlighted and made visible is not going
to be the hand-to-mouth poverty you see 'on the ground" in most American
cities.

We should also remember that even those workers who might be doing well have
no real security and can pass little security on to their children.  Few
places in the modern capitalist world more clearly recall Brecht's lines
about leading a decent life amid the squalor of the system: "By chance I was
spared. (If my luck leaves me I am lost.)"

ML