[Marxism] The Road to Rightville

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Aug 4 14:28:24 MDT 2007

howard beeth wrote:

> During the late 1970s and early 1980s in Houston, Texas, it was occasionally the practice of some members/supporters of the Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP), a Mao/Stalinist org, to drag a pig's head attached to a rope or chain behind them during pop front demos, including one large, well-attended demo down Main Street. I can remember the pig's head bump-bump-bumping along the asphalt. It was a real attention-getter. My own cost/benefit analysis of this tactic was heavy on the costs and lite on the benefits. So sorry, Mark, the pig's head legend was real enough in the Lone Star State.

The story (which probably was a deliberate lie by its originator) did
not involve *A* pig's head pulled along on the street but pig headS
mounted on stickS (PLURAL) at a demonstration ON CAMPUS. Incidentally,
Jeffery  Hart, quoted in the article, makes the WSJ editorial page seem
like an article from the Nation. He is a really slimy piece of work.

Carrol