[Marxism] The Road to Rightville

Sayan Bhattacharyya ok.president+marxmail at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 08:49:45 MDT 2007

On 8/5/07, Haines Brown <brownh at hartford-hwp.com> wrote:

> Sayan, I'm not sure what your point here is. You are interested in
> college radicalism, but your point seems only implicit.

The article wasn't written by me. (The citation [URL] was at the
bottom. It was published in the New York Times this weekend.)

I thought it was important for us as Marxists, because it provides an
explanation of how and why right-wing intellectuals are authorized to
speak in a populist vein in the domain of public discourse.

It is not a matter of me calling college radicals "stupid". The
question here is why a sizeable majority of blue-collar people today
have this perception. I think it's important to try to understand
that, and I thought that the article does a fairly good job at
explaining this unfortunate reality.