[Marxism] The transition to capitalism: is it in our genes?

Sayan Bhattacharyya ok.president+marxmail at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 16:24:22 MDT 2007

On 8/7/07, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

> > Here's a reference (which I haven't read) which seems to suggest that
> > it is not improbable:
> >
> > Hamilton, W. D. (1964) The genetical evolution of social behaviour.
> > Journal of Theoretical Biology 7: 1-52.
>
> If you haven't read the fucking article, what makes you think it is "not
> improbable".

Because Wikipedia says: "His [Hamilton's] two 1964 papers entitled
'The Genetical Evolution of Social Behavior' are now universally
referenced." Also, because I've attended talks given by biologists who
have mentioned Hamilton's work with respect. This work is at least
taken seriously.

> Are you a troll, Sayan?

No, I'm not a troll. I am just skeptical by temperament. (Marx was, too.)