[Marxism] The transition to capitalism: is it in our genes?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Aug 7 16:28:48 MDT 2007

Sayan Bhattacharyya wrote:

> Because Wikipedia says: "His [Hamilton's] two 1964 papers entitled
> 'The Genetical Evolution of Social Behavior' are now universally
> referenced." Also, because I've attended talks given by biologists who
> have mentioned Hamilton's work with respect. This work is at least
> taken seriously.

Sayan, this is *sociobiology*. Please try to do some legwork to see what
  Marxists have to say about this thing. You might try googling Stephen
Jay Gould, Richard Levins and Richard Lewontin to start with.

> No, I'm not a troll. I am just skeptical by temperament. (Marx was, too.)

Yes, but we are wary about sociobiological interpretations of history.
Like "The Territorial Imperative", etc. You really need to find some
time to get up to speed on these topics before you waste the list's time
and bandwidth with ill-conceived interventions.