[Marxism] The transition to capitalism: is it in our genes?

Rohan Gaiswinkler rohanger at yahoo.com.au
Tue Aug 7 18:51:46 MDT 2007

Sayan Bhattacharyya:

  >Louis,

>Just because we would all feel better if the explanation were not a
genetic one (I know I certainly would), should not mean that we should
reject that explanation _a priori_.

  Me:

  With a fairly rudimentary understanding of human genetic diversity this genetic advantage argument (one class over another or one society over another) can be easily rejected.  Race is a social category with no foundation in genetics and there is simply not enough (consistant) genetic diversity between different groups of people in the human race for these genetic explanations to be taken seriously.  The genetic diverstity whithin any enthnic group, race or class overwhelms variations between them.

  Rohan G