[Marxism] The transition to capitalism: is it in our genes?

Auguste Blanqui blanquist at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 02:28:56 MDT 2007

But being socially/culturally dominant doesn't mean you have less
kids.  Lots of socially/culturally powerless people have lots of kids.
 That's why the original Wade-Clark is so incoherent.  You have so
many colliding (and oft-contradictory) threads running through the
piece: Social Darwinsim, Malthusianism, genetic transmission of
cultural traits (why would the people with the undesirable traits
necessarily die out before having kids?  Lots of poor kids died, but a
lot lived, too, at least long enough to have kids.)