[Marxism] Bonds Hits No. 756 to Break Hank Aaron's Record

David Walters dave.walters at comcast.net
Wed Aug 8 18:35:13 MDT 2007

Carrol, part of what you state is true. He was and is an astounding
player. Probably among the top 5 for the last 15 years or so. I think
most of the sophisticated critics acknowledge this. It's not a question
of hitting .370. It's hitting .370 and then plopping upwards to .450 the
next year that has people, the writers, the players, the fans all
wondering. It was the step up, not quite the gradual increase in
strength one normally associated with ball players. This is what the
whole debate was/is about.

I have to say, though, that the fans themselves, everywhere, seem to
have said, but their reactions this year "ok, fine, now let's more on."
Good advice.

David