[Marxism] Tim Wise: What Kind of Card is Race? (Re: Barry Bonds)

wenhuadageming at comcast.net wenhuadageming at comcast.net
Sat Aug 11 11:21:04 MDT 2007

"Mark Lause" <MLause at cinci.rr.com> wrote:

>I'd guess that most of the people on both sides of this
>argument seem to me to be "white leftists in the analogy world" and I have
>no reason to know or care how xzy regards himself or herself.  Of course, as
>far as I can tell, much of the list could be tapping into the internet from
>Zeti Reticula for amusement purposes....)

if only for the record, this is xenon zi-neng yuan.  i am an
asian-american male of chinese descent.

sorry for my original hyperbole (even if i don't think it would have
been too much of an overstatement to begin with).  although let me
say that if you must still insist on comments like:

"I'd really suggest keeping it in proportion..."

and

"the meaning of which is all in the head of the reader..."

... then i'd urge you to (re-)read more carefully the writings of
folks like tim wise (www.timwise.org) and robert jensen
(http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~rjensen/index.html), just to name two
prominent one i can easily think of, when it comes to matters of race
and white privilege.  in many ways, they are writing specifically as
white (males), to address audiences of fellow white folks as yourself.

xzy