[Marxism] Bonds, Genes, Racism

wenhuadageming at comcast.net wenhuadageming at comcast.net
Sat Aug 11 14:53:44 MDT 2007

ugh... here we go...

Sayan Bhattacharyya  wrote:
>"Sociologically, racism pervades everything"? Maybe you can explain
>how Barack Obama, a black man, is a leading candidate for president?

because he is someone white liberals can use precisely to prove
"they're not racist".  just like when someone says, "i can't be
racist - i have a black friend!"

obama is thoroughly middle-of-the-road and accommodationalist, and in
fact not even "black"/"african-american" in certain senses of the
word, in light of the fact that he is NOT the descendant of african
slaves of the american south.  (and yes, this makes a
difference.  spend some time amongst african-american communities and
you will pick this up very quickly.)

the fact that people like cynthia mckinney are not instead the
"minority poster child" of the democrats, should be proof enough that
just because you have a putative black candidate doesn't wipe your
slate clean of the insidious and pervasive influence of white
supremacy and white chauvinism, whether you are conscious of it or not.

okay, enough for me.  i interjected myself back onto this list on an
impulse, and now regret it all over again.

xzy