[Marxism] Freeman Dyson on scientific heretics and climate change

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Sat Aug 11 17:28:42 MDT 2007

There is something endearing about seeing as a key qualification for
discussing something being an outsider to the field....

One of my favorite media characters who regularly makes documentaries for
the History channel and other vehicles of fiction has to be Graham Hancock.
Hancock's lays out his main qualification as being that he's an "outsider"
about to look at something "mainstream history" or "mainstream archaelogy"
is ignoring or deliberately hiding from us.  The next thing you know he has
the Sphinx dressed in something like a freemasonic apron tracing out the
star clusters that only existed 40,000 years ago, and only from a particular
angle in space--and what about that face on Marx, btw--which is why the
aliens must have been probing the Egyptians...or rather the people from
Atlantis, who escaped to Egypt using their rail passes...something else
"mainstream" travel agents don't talk about.....

Well, you get the basic idea.

Nobody would listen to this crap for a New York minute if it was something
this society really viewed as important...like women's fashions.

Here's a test.  I know absolutely nothing about women's fashions, which must
make me very well qualified to design some creations of my own.  Any
investors in that show?

Thought not.

ML