[Marxism] Freeman Dyson on scientific heretics and climate change

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Sat Aug 11 18:19:21 MDT 2007

Bob Hopson wrote:
> Dyson is not in the trenches, he's flying over them, with the
> experience and ability to see the forest since he's not surrounded by
> trees.

i don't see anything in his statements that make me think he has a
unique big picture view of climate modeling. and in the few times i've
challenged you on it, you have not  presented any convincing evidence,
other than he is a great man who once helped build nuclear weapons and
worked out some QED. if i told you i was once asked to work on nukes
(nuclear triggers actually), would you find me more impressive? bah humbug.

> The fact that you see in my argument positions that
> aren't there, and are so casually dismissive of
> Dyson's points, make me wonder about the quality of the
> science you are producing.

you can wonder about my science, fine. are you interested in plasma
astrophysics, non-linear dynamics, numerical modeling of the Schrodinger
equation? i have a couple things i want to look at, maybe you can help.

but when it comes to Dyson's comments on climate modeling, i hate to
tell you, he's got nothing to offer so far as i've seen. happens with
"great" people, even physicists. sorry.

Les