[Marxism] Reminder

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Aug 12 10:23:37 MDT 2007

Sayan Bhattacharyya wrote:
> There is always the possibility of filtering out those whose posts one
> does not find interesting. For example, I automatically filter out
> posts by a couple of people as I don't find their posts interesting
> for the most part.

No, there is not that possibility. It is one thing to filter out
somebody's whose ideas *within Marxism* you find objectionable. It is
another to have to filter out pleas to take sociobiology seriously. If
somebody began to argue that Keynes rather than Marx was correct, it
would generate a flood of posts defending Marx. That should not be
necessary on such a list. It is a debate that is not needed. The same
thing with E.O. Wilson and company.