[Marxism] Zionist teacher to head Arab language/culture school in NY

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Aug 14 12:10:23 MDT 2007

Les Schaffer wrote:
> to add an unkown to the equation, here is a website claiming to be for
> "protecting our public schools from Islamist curriculum", and they
> oppose Salzberg as well:
>
> http://stopthemadrassa.wordpress.com/2007/08/14/stop-the-madrassa-statement-on-danielle-salzberg-direct-responsibility/
>
> Les

Interesting. I assumed that she had no connection with the school but
was hired under pressure from the Zionists. JOFA *is* a Zionist group,
but obviously Salzberg is progressive.

http://www.arabisto.com/p_blog.cfm?blogID=41

AAFSC Applauds Chancellor Klein's Appointment of Danielle Salzberg as
Interim Principal of Khalil Gibran International Academy
August 13, 2007 05:06 PM

The Arab-American Family Support Center is delighted with Chancellor
Joel I. Klein’s appointment of Danielle Salzberg to serve as Interim
Acting Principal at Khalil Gibran International Academy .   Ms. Salzberg
is a seasoned small school leader and teacher who will ensure that
students receive an exemplary public school education consistent with
the highest academic standards of the New York City public school
system.  In her ten year career at the New York City Department of
Education, Danielle has helped found two schools, Millennium High School
and Baruch College Campus High School , as an assistant principal and
teacher.