[Marxism] Helots at the Thermopylae?

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Thu Aug 16 09:10:57 MDT 2007

Been trying to find out. But all my search has been sterile. I think
there could hardly exist a single helot in the Thermopylae mainly
because helots were strictly separated from warfare by the ruling
class in Sparta. When you have to wage a war a year on your exploited
slaves, you don't usually take them to war with you.

However, a nil search is not full proof.

What remains is that it was the Spartans who stood there, and
received the bad news from Leonidas during breakfast: "Eat well, no
dinner today".

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar