[Marxism] Max Roach

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 16 13:32:11 MDT 2007

Max Roach was an amazing artist and a militant, uncompromising
Black nationalist. Here are the lyrics to a song he co-wrote,
MENDACITY, from the album PERCUSSION BITTER SWEET, which could
just as well describe what U.S. politicians sound like today.

Walter Lippmann
Los Angeles, California
(hope the lyrics are complete. They are taken from a mixture
of the lines I could quickly find online, and memory.)
MENDACITY

Mendacity, mendacity, it makes the world go round.
A politician makes a speech and never hears the sound.
The campaign trail winds on and on in towns from coast to coast.
The winner ain't the one who's straight, but he who lies the most.

Now voting rights in this fair land we know are not denied.
But if I tried in certain states, from tree tops I'd be tied.
Mendacity, mendacity, it seems its everywhere.
But try and tell the truth, and most folks scream "Not Fair"

Incomplete: 30 seconds from MENDACITY can be heard here:
http://tinyurl.com/2y7sgx
August 16, 2007
Max Roach, a Founder of Modern Jazz, Dies at 83
By PETER KEEPNEWS

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/16/arts/music/16cnd-roach.html