[Marxism] Short answer re: electoral cretinism, etc.

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Fri Aug 17 03:19:07 MDT 2007

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 08:58:57 +0200 (MES), Lüko Willms wrote:

> I would prefer to have our[1] own revolutionary candidates

  oops, I forgot to supply the footnote [1]: well, I am not part of any
party organisation since none of the existing ones is appealing to my
outlook, and not being much of an organiser and people-gatherer myself,
dont try to start one myself. If I were in France, I would probably join
the LCR, whose recent election campaign has impressed my very
positively, with their militant and defiant attitude - "our lives are
worth more than their profits". Despite their confusion about the Cuban
revolution or the democratic right of women to wear a headscarf if they
chose to.

  I also forgot the add the example of how the Green party acted when
they were first elected into a regional parliament, the one of Hessen
were they came into the position to tip the scales between the SPD
plurality and the bourgeois minorities. The Green parliamentary group
refused to give their vote for the SPD candidate for prime minister (who
is to be elected by the parliament) -- he then took office as head of a
minority government, based on the SPD plurality. But when time came to
give him the money for the politics the Greens claimed to refuse, they
all voted for his budget. The opposite is revolutionary politics: put
the reformists in power when we are too weak to take it, but support
their politics only to the extent they are in the interests of working
people.

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany