[Marxism] Electoral Cretinism

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 17 05:59:52 MDT 2007

Johannes wrote:

> While I basically agree with Angelus' assessment of
> Lafontaine you have to note that within "The Left"
> his positions are to the left of the dominant
> Bisky-Gysi group (not to talk about the Berlin state
> leadership).

Yes, the Berlin state leadership are truly wretched.

I recall a meeting once, where I urged Stefan Liebich
that the PDS should not break its electoral promises
by introducing student fees.

I then added that the PDS participation in the Berlin
senate was worthless and has done nothing for anybody.

Liebich responded by saying that at least with the PDS
in power, homeless people are able to sleep in warm
U-Bahn stations, whereas with the CDU in power they
would have to sleep on the street.