[Marxism] Electoral Cretinism

Einde O'Callaghan einde at gmx.de
Fri Aug 17 10:11:42 MDT 2007

Angelus Novus schrieb:
> --- Einde O'Callaghan <einde at gmx.de> wrote:
>

>>It's sometimes remarkable what company the
>>ultra-left keep!
>

> You don't even address the other points, Lafontaine's
> support for Schilly's camps in North Africa, etc.  By
> not doing so, you make it clear that racism is for you
> a mere "secondary contradiction."

When there is a witchhunt going on promoted by the right-wing
pro-capitalist-globalisation bourgeois press from the Bild-Zeitung to
Spiegel I know which side I'm on. When this witchhunt is being supported
by the rightwing of the party I know which side I'm on.

I also maintain that Lafontaines's speech in Chemnitz was not racist in
intent or content. I was there. I heard what he actually said. And this
was precisely the point in your post that I objected to and therefore
replied to.

I don't support all Lafontaine's positions and I have various criticisms
of what he has said and done in the past. I also have criticisms of many
of the things he says at the moment too.

But I would maintain that at the moment he's a leftward-moving reformist
and should be defended from those attacking him from the right precisely
for his left-wing positions.

Einde O'Callaghan