[Marxism] Green Party 2008

Benjamin Morgan foreverblaze89 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 19 23:38:25 MDT 2007

Anthony Boynton wrote:

 What I proposed was an ANTIWAR electoral party that
 would challenge the Democratic and Republican parties.

Comrade Ben:

My appologies for the lateness. I have heard enough of your
advocacy of a electorial challenge to the two party system.
However, at this point in time mass mobilizations and a
leftist electorial canidate will ultamately end up stagnet.
First, the Green Party doesn't have a broad enough appeal to
unify the U.S left at the moment even if they put Iraqi
pull-out as the platform foundation. Secondly, any pro Marxist
or far leftist president would fail!!! Not only would the
bourgeois and the petty bourgeois political opposition strip the
the canidate of political capital; without the left support
in the legislative and Judical branches we could witness another
quagmire like Palestine where the other two branches of the
government repress the democratically elected canidate. Mind
you this assumes that he wins. We need a new international that
that can adequetely challenge the post-industrial Capitalist
superstructure. With no logical center or vanguard (no Jack Barnes)
we need a network of democatically engaged working class citizens
fighting against globalization. I know you want to do something Anthony
so here goes read David Graeber's Constituent Imagination, drink a beer,
and join www.autonomous.wikispaces.com and we can discuss creating a party
We can use wikispaces to pilot run it then eventually rent
out a domain name. Unless, your too bourgeois to actually create a party.
A lot of intellectuals are afraid to do some real work for the left

Comrade Ben

“Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.”

  ~ Ernesto "Che" Guevara