[Marxism] CIA, FBI computers used for Wikipedia edits

Lance Murdoch lancemurdoch at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 12:03:31 MDT 2007

Red Wiki is http://www.redapollo.org/wiki - this is the best one in my
humble opinion, although it does not have the critical mass of
Wikipedia.

Anarchopedia is http://eng.anarchopedia.org - run by anarchists

Sourcewatch is http://www.sourcewatch.org - it is a niche wiki by PR
watch that sees which groups are being funded by corporate lobbyists,
and that sort of thing

The liberal/socdem site Daily Kos has a wiki,
http://www.dkosopedia.com , which is more trafficked than the
left-wing ones.

I see progressives spending 100% of their time editing Wikipedia,
which is run by a millionaire Ayn Rand devotee.  Why they don't spend
time on these other wikis I don't know.  To me it seems like spending
all your time trying to get your letters into the New York Times,
instead of starting your own newspaper.

My problem is I spend too much time on each article because I prefer
non-bourgeois sources, I prefer at least two sources for every fact,
as well as some of this material is obscure and in other languages.  I
have been putting together an article on the Brazilian Communist Party
(the Moscow-line one, not the Maoist Communist Party of Brazil) in my
spare time for months now, and just started working on the party in
1964.