[Marxism] More Anti-Fidel Crap From Sam Farber

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Aug 22 10:53:03 MDT 2007

"jscotlive" cites an article containing this "anti-Fidel crap":

He also condemned, in 1968, the emergence of various political
tendencies in Czechoslovakia and supported the USSR's invasion of
that country on the grounds that, as he tells Ramonet, Czechoslovakia
"was marching toward a counterrevolutionary situation, toward
capitalism and into the arms of imperialismŠ[starting] from the
[initially] just demands, they arrived at a frankly reactionary
politics. And we had to approve, bitterly and painfully, that
military intervention." (522)

I agree.  Crap it is,  and by defending the indefensible the author
quoted by Ramonet is certainly serving to advance anti-Fidel sentiment.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...It consents and does not
consent to be called
Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos