[Marxism] The City Council race in Cincinnati

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Fri Aug 24 09:30:16 MDT 2007

Although President Christopher Smitherman of the local NAACP announced his
candidacy for the City Council as a Green Party candidate, the national
organization has stepped in to insist that he either step aside as the
president of the local branch or not run.  The objection was not to the
Green affiliation.

Smitherman's presidency of the Cincinnati NAACP has transformed the branch,
adding an average of 100 new members monthly.  His decision to continue
building up the organization rather than making a bid for the council at
this point is entirely reasonable.

Solidarity!

Mark L..

"Perhaps it is a universal truth that the loss of liberty at home is to be
charged against provisions against danger, real or pretended from abroad."
--- James Madison to Thomas Jefferson, May 13, 1798