[Marxism] Caracas discusses Leon Trotsky

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 24 11:07:03 MDT 2007

David's impression coincides with my own. I met Ydalberto
earlier this year, at Celia's book launch meeting in Havana.
But they are able to walk around freely and say whatever
they want without any restrictions from what I can see.

I've never written up the meeting I had with his son not
long afterwards. I saw him, and would like to see him again.

Tim Wohlforth's politics are distinctly NOT like my own, but
he is a good writer. Here are a couple of his letters about
his meetings with the Cuban Trotskyists in the early 90s.

Wohlforth tried to urge me to sign on to Joanne Landy's
letter. Of course, I didn't do that.

The scanning wasn't perfect, but you'll catch the drift:

TIM WOHLFORTH: I visit Cuba
http://www.walterlippmann.com/docs292.html

TIM WOHLFORTH: Trotskyism in Cuba
http://www.walterlippmann.com/docs636.html