[Marxism] Indo-US Nuclear Deal and CPIM

Sukla Sen suklasenp at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Aug 25 03:06:00 MDT 2007

"If we are wrong in our position taken on the deal,
tell us on the basis of facts but do not say that we
are acting in the interest of China. This nuclear deal
seeks to cap our strategic programme and it has been
done by this government. Both the previous NDA regime
and the current UPA government have tried to cap
India's strategic programme and who stands to benefit
from it, obviously China and Pakistan? So who is
acting in the interest of China? Certainly, not our
party," Mr. Yechury said.

[Source:
http://www.hindu.com/2007/08/25/stories/2007082559800100.htm
This newspaper is highly sympathetic to the CPIM, to
put it rather mildly.

And Yechury is a CPIM Politburo member.]

The CPIM here is evidently bidding for outBJPing the
BJP - as the champion of Indian nukes, or the H Bomb!

Sukla