[Marxism] The criticism of religion [was: RE: Vnzla:reasons tobe optimistic]

Joaquin Bustelo jbustelo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 20:39:17 MDT 2007

Haines Brown writes:

"What you really offer is the truism that our actions should be informed,
but as far as I know, no one suggested anything to the contrary."

My point is really not complicated. Struggling hard is useless or worse if
you have no clue as to what you are doing. It is not just a question of
whether it is "possible" to struggle in a certain way around a certain
objective. There is also the question of whether all that struggling is
EFFECTIVE. Thinking that struggling hard will make it effective is the very
distilled essence of voluntarism.

Now look at, for example, the last half-century of so of "struggling" on the
American Left, and judging by the results, do you have a warm and fuzzy
feeling about all the progress that has been made?

Joaquin