[Marxism] Non-Eurocentric military histories?

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Sun Aug 26 20:33:32 MDT 2007

Most interesting.

However, on a sobering line: He Who Makes The Guns Is He Who Leads
Military History.

That is, neither China, nor Persia, nor the Afghan rulers (nor the
Kingdom of Siam), were the leading powers in warfare during the 19th
Century.

There was _no_ possibility for them, at that moment, to build the
weapons that would have taken them to a leading role in military
history. Same happened with the Latin American formations during the
Wars of Emancipation (1810-1825). Particularly at the first
movements, both San Martín (starting at Cuyo, Western Argentina) and
Bolívar (starting at Guayana, Eastern Venezuela) mounted some arms
factories (there was a precedent: that of the Jesuit-led Guaranys of
the Missions, who during the 16th century managed to build their own
weaponry too). But all these attempts were succesful insofar as they
would confront technologically weak armies (those of the
Bandeirantes, in the case of the Jesuits, those of the decaying and
disgregating Spanish Empire in that of Bolívar and San Martín).