[Marxism] fascism and capitalism

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Tue Aug 28 06:53:37 MDT 2007

From:           	Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu>
To:             	Activists and scholars in Marxist tradition
<marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu>
Date sent:      	Mon, 27 Aug 2007 19:52:51 -0500
Send reply to:  	Activists and scholars in Marxist tradition
	<marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu>
Subject:        	Re: [Marxism] fascism and capitalism

> If you make fascism cover everything, then the word is meaningless: it
> adds nothing to a description. Or you see only open repression and get
> destroyed by less open repression.
>
> Carrol

Yes, of course. We may choose another term. But what I want to mean
is, roughly, that under the conditions of monopoly capital and
imperialism, the ruling class splits in two and has to exert an ever
increasing control and repression _ against itself_, not just against
the exploited or oppressed classes. The high degree of regimentation
that this implies today seems to me to be a feature of core-nation
capitalism (sorry for shorthand, if someone puts it better and
differently I don't worry).

Independent personalities were an adamant expression of bourgeois
culture during the early stages of the mode of production. Today, the
slightest degree of true independence puts the bourgeois intellectual
(if such a thing still exists) out of the range of the radar, turns
her or him into a "nonperson" or a marginalized "outsider".

This new condition of existence for the RULING class, this
militarization of thought, seems to me to be pervasive and quite
meaningful. Again, I suggest that this depends on the necessities of
monopoly-dominated economies and tends to be a general feature of a
senile capitalism such as we are living through.

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
[No necesariamente es su autor]