[Marxism] Thecriticismofreligion[was:RE:Vnzla:reasonstobeoptimistic]

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Tue Aug 28 10:05:33 MDT 2007

Mark wrote:

>A while back, Marvin had double-back-flip hissy fits because an ex-SWPer
> (this wrier) had the temerity to criticize the party in front of people
> who
> weren't ex-SWP.

My objection wasn't to criticism of the SWP by other ex-SWP'ers on this or
any other forum. I could care less. In fact, I've found the reflections on
their past experience by Walter, Fred, Louis, Joaquin, and others to be
often interesting and useful. But never your own. It was the way you
insistently whined about the SWP's treatment of you over 35 years ago which
made me wince, as perhaps did others previously associated with Trotskyism.
It seemed to conform to the worst stereotypes on the left about the
Trotskyist movement as a refuge for schoolboys, which unfortunately, for
Cannon, Trotsky, and others, contained a kernel of truth. I'm sure they
would have seen your habitually smarmy (and politically contentless) remarks
about "double-back-flip hissy fits" and "have another toke, dude", etc. as
placing you squarely in that milieu.

> Am I misreading this thread or is he now actually complaining about
> criticisms of the Democratic Party?

Of course you are misreading the thread - by design. What sentance(s) in
particular are you referring to?

> I'd probably be nauseous if I weren't ROFL....

Nauseous, ROFL. See above.