[Marxism] A proposal for a New Party

Benjamin Morgan foreverblaze89 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 13:46:08 MDT 2007

Mark Lause <MLause at cinci.rr.com> wrote:

I'm responding to you publicly, as I said I would after the previous four or
five private emails from you, which entirely disabused me of any hopes I
might have had that anything real would come out of your efforts.

  Comrade Ben:

  Ah Mark, you neglect to post any of my prievious post therefore I believe
  we must bring the list up to date with our conversation.

  First of all, I never stated that "the past is irrelevant" I don't even know how Mark could
  imply such a rigid interpretation given the basis of my argument. My argument generally is that the popular social movements of the 60's further stratified the already numerious divides in the U.S labor movement. The abberation from the traditional vanguard model and the creation of NGO's and grass root organizations abstracted single social issues above (even arguably against) the struggle of the working class. However, the labor movement in conjunction with the grassroots movements posed a devestating challenge to industrial capitalism. (In fact, the global workers dispora in the 60's,I suspect,was inevitably the nail in the Soviets coffin.) In response the bourgeois economist were forced to reconize the productive powers of the masses and in step set them into play with actual mode of production using informationization. This shift to an increase in the production of immaterial labor has given certain post industrial cum wads like Rupert Murdoch a new avenue of
 exploitation while simultaneously interconnecting and regulating the subjectivities of a massive number of people. Don't believe me Mark read this excerpt from Wikipedia:

  MySpace is a popular social networking website offering an interactive, user-submitted network of friends, personal profiles, blogs, groups, photos, music and videos internationally. It is headquartered in Beverly Hills, California, US,[1] where it shares an office building with its immediate owner, Fox Interactive Media; in turn, the owner of Fox Interactive and therefore MySpace, News Corporation, is headquartered in New York City.
  According to Alexa Internet, MySpace is currently the world's sixth most popular English-language website and the sixth most popular website in any language,[2] and the third most popular website in the United States, though it has topped the chart on various weeks[3]. The service has gradually gained more popularity than similar websites to achieve nearly 80% of visits to online social networking websites.[3] It has become an increasingly influential part of contemporary popular culture, especially in English speaking countries.
  The company employs 300 staff[4] and does not disclose revenues or profits separately from News Corporation. With the 100 millionth account being created on August 9, 2006,[5] in the Netherlands[6] and a news story claiming 106 million accounts on September 8, 2006,[7] the site reportedly attracts new registrations at a rate of 230,000 per day.

  Myspace(as well as even this mailing list) is indicitive of the transformation of our political economy. Informationization allows info just like capitalism to glide easily over the boundries of the nation-state. No wonder were witnessing a general decline in the power of self determination and sovereignty.(check the page for the political and censorship ramifications of myspace) Out of this general shift I had an inclination to create a new international "workers party" that could adress these shifts in political economics. The question of strategy which Mark raises is unwaranted I can't decide specific policies without first creating an organizational basis. Therefore, I posed a organizational strategy(open to democratic contestations to creating this new party. (i will leave this post as my conclusion) However, I must first adress Mark's comments. Your petty ad homeims don't support your argument and after reading over them (twice) i'm begining to doubt if you know
 what a historical materialist is. I analyize the current change in political economy based from the perspective of how they've influenced the class struggle in the past and parraleled it to today, while posing an option to adress them. Where exactly do I fall short?(or rather what is your definition of historical materialism?) well heres the basic proposal for a plan

  In solidarity,
  Ben

  PS. If your going to tell the story tell the whole story not jus your disambiguations

  Plans For A New International party

First of all the organizational structure must be able to adress the prievious strategies that have doomed the rest of "leftist organization"(I am hesisitant to describe any defining attribute). Traditionally the U.S has used a sort of modified counter-insurgency program to adress highly organized sectors of the labour movement. "The main concept was kill the head and the body dies" From the Palmer raids in the 30's to Mcarthyism in the late 50's(all though Mcarthyism, under the same logic, resembed disfigurement) Movements were crushed by police investigations and fallacious policies passed to justify them. (I tire of reetorating the chronology) However, the 1960's, as Joaquin so eloquently articulated in another post, brought about a revitalization or "radicalization" of the liberal left which created several special intrest groups and NGO's ie.grass roots movements that ultimately amounted to reformism and the stratification of the social movement from the "workers
 movements". Despite there ineffectiveness to pose a direct challenge to the Capitalism.The special intrest groups(along with the U.S response to the global diospora caused by industrial capital permeating Russia at the time)  forced Capitalism to take up a new global character. Actually forcing capitalist production into informationization.The shift we are witnessing today is a dramatic increse in immateral labor and production of subjectivity. As the fordist factory was the epitome of industrial capita,l data entry is the epitome of post industrial capitalism. So where does the post-industrial left stand? instead of waxing Nastalgic in the failure of leftist organization in the U.S or getting another undersupported independent, the left needs to create a real "working class vanguard". Therefore phase one is the reformation of the working class. The new international needs to create space for the advancement of working class subjectivity. "My idea" is a social network(like
 myspace)devoted to the average working class citizen. By providing a space for networks, worker specific email, and tools like employment help we can infuse leftist conciousness and reoriant the working class with the left. The second phase of the new international is the organization of the various grassrots organizations and "radical NGO's" under a democratic network strucure. This will allow us to align the workers with the social struggles "urika"! Next, the new international must attempt to engage the various devides in the traditional left by networking their workers we can increase their numbers while having a stake in their politics under a democratic structure. If the traditional left refuses then theoretically it will backfire on them. Our all inclusive democratic strucure will cut from under their membership rendering there power obsolete. While this is not our attempt various parties should be able to be included within the new international, but the leaders
 must be urged to construct a working class vanguard not an elite intellectual class vanguard. Finally, the network strucure must spread across geographical boundries and repeat the networking process respectively. With a global workers party strucure imagine the possibility of a global non work day or a campaign to take out multinational corporations. Thats the basis strategy and socio-economic premises for the creation of this party. There are great task that must be done like drafting a constitution and of course tech support. Once again if your intrested join www.autonomous.wikispaces.com a space dedicated to netwoking and discussing the the logistics

“Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.”

  ~ Ernesto "Che" Guevara