[Marxism] Marxism Digest, Vol 46, Issue 68

John Edmundson Johnedmundson at paradise.net.nz
Tue Aug 28 15:04:34 MDT 2007

Owen Davies wrote:
> I don't think it's a question of intervening in the DP as such but in those
> constituent parts which make up this sort of popular front that we are
> interested in and which drum up electoral support for it.  It's about
> programme and agitating for the removal of openly hostile elements from the
> popular front and about gathering strength and forces.

Assuming that the DP (and like parties around the world) really was a
popular front, who are the "openly hostile elements" you'd want to
remove. They're not the various unions or other groups that continue to
have illusions in it. Actually, those "openly hostile elements" are ...
the DP itself. So if the DP is the problem, why give it "any" support at
all?

Mark Lause added:
> I can't imagine rationalizing myself to vote for a party that actively
> fosters such crap.

And worse still is "calling on" other people to vote for it ...
Cheers,
John