[Marxism] Dodd way ahead of competition in Cuba stance

Margaret Wyles kaliyuga at humboldt1.com
Thu Aug 30 07:06:29 MDT 2007

> Hearing this, Clinton quickly dug in her heels.
>
> "Until it is clear what type of policies might come with a new
> government (in Cuba), we cannot talk about changes in the U.S.
> policies toward Cuba,'' she said in a statement.
>

> Meanwhile, Clinton's position would leave in place an inhumane policy
> that limits Cuban Americans to one visit to Cuba every three years,
> and then only to see an immediate family member.
>
> Both positions suggest these candidates have little real
> understanding of Cuba.

While I have little to support this, my hunch about Hillary is this.  There
would be no point from her view to make a stand in favor of opening ties to
Cuba and lots to lose if the gusanos decided to target her as being "soft"
on Cuba.  I had heard that Bill Clinton had given informal directives NOT to
harass people going to Cuba, so while there was a ban on travel, there was
little or no consequence for doing so, even for those without a special
travel visa.

My guess is that Hillary is paying lip service to the anti-Castro group,
and, once in office will do the same as her husband.
Maggie