[Marxism] Fw: Chinese Govt. Attacks Marxist Internet Archives,

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Fri Feb 2 06:35:53 MST 2007

Haines wrote, "a possible recourse to conspiracy theory explanation that
is profoundly un-Marxist. If we are serious, we can't wallow in
'shot-in-the-dark' explanations, particularly if voiced so publically
as this was and targeting a regime that is clearly not a principal
enemy in today's world."

I don't think this is a major issue either and every caution about
conspiracy theories is absolutely correct.

However, I think the people at MIA are not just blue-skying if they have
traceable ISP numbers.  Their description of what happens seems quite
straightforward.  There are any number of explanations as to how and why
this is happening, but they are not conspiracy theorizing in simply
reporting the source of ISP sources.

I'd add that it does great disservice to comrades whose work is clearly
under attack to pretend that they are hallucinating what nobody can, as yet,
explain.

Solidarity!
Mark L.