[Marxism] New York Times weighs in on the attacks on the Marxist Internet Archive (MIA)

Einde O'Callaghan einde at gmx.de
Mon Feb 5 16:40:06 MST 2007

Sayan Bhattacharyya schrieb:
> On 2/5/07, Ambrose Andrews <ambrose at vrvl.net> wrote:
>

>> On 05/02/07, Sukla Sen <suklasenp at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> > There's, though, no work of any living author
>> > included. One has to be dead to be there!
>>
>> I see Fidel Castro among others.
>

> And Habermas.

A number of living authors are included in subsidiary collections that
joined the MIA, e.g. the Marxism and Philosophy section or some of the
Subject Archives (e.g. Cuban revolution), because they were already in
the collections or because these collections have different "mission
statements" from the main MIA, e.g. the Encyclopedia of Trotskyism
On-Line (ETOL), but in the main archive we do not include living authors
- they are explicitly excluded by our Charter. The main reason for this
is to avoid getting involved in contemporary sectarian arguments about,
for example, the oned and only true and correct position on the
resistance in Iraq or the policies of the Lula government or whatever.

Einde O'Callaghan (MIA Admin)