[Marxism] Segolene Royal: Is This the Next President of France? (WSJ)

Jean-Christophe Helary fusion at mx6.tiki.ne.jp
Sat Feb 10 07:04:40 MST 2007

On 11 févr. 07, at 01:35, Walter Lippmann wrote:

> (Business leaders are concerned about her economic rhetoric so far,
> including plans to give unions more power. She rails against stock
> options, "greedy profits" and "wild capitalism," and is likely to
> propose that French citizens abroad start to pay some taxes at home.)
>
> February 10, 2007
>
> PAGE ONE
>
> Is This the Next President of France?
> On 'Sexiest' List and Populist Fast Track,
> Candidate Reflects New Distaste for Old Guard
> By ALESSANDRA GALLONI
> February 10, 2007

I don't remember on which list I read that women of power had to be
described by their clothes, their outlooks etc in the mainstream
press. I think there is a lot of crap about Segolène Royal in the
French press already and this WSJ article is just a sum of quotes
from the worst French pages. There is little if anything to learn
from the piece and I fail to see its relevance on this list.

By the way the tax on French citizen aborad was proposed in a report
by DSK 2 days ago and was already refused yesterday (or this morning,
depending on your time zone).

SR will announce her program tomorrow and it will either be streamed
or available from the net right after. Check the FSP page.

JC Helary