[Marxism] Re: Jack Lieberman & the Israeli Palestinian Flag Shirt

jollyjack at riseup.net jollyjack at riseup.net
Wed Feb 14 22:17:25 MST 2007

   Dave,

  First I want to let you all know that our web site,
www.radicaljack.com[1] is "not a for
profit" web site. Unfortunately it is overall losing money, but any
profits that we do make goes back into the movement. Also Louis was
wrong when he stated that I unsubed to this list. I had to change
email addresses because AOL closed my jollyjack at aol address, which I
had for over 12 years, because of false reports of spamming. I am very
active here in South Florida and send out political mailings that
reach about a thousand people. Obviously someone did not like that and
made a number of bogus complaints.

 I sent out the Halliday article not because I agreed with it totally
but because it
made a number of good points. Points that many on the left are very
uncomfortable dealing with. I have been reluctant to raise these
issues here myself  because, in general, I tend
to avoid lenghty political debates with others on the left unless
they  relate to the concrete
struggles that I am involved in. For better or for worse I have
decided to spend
most of my time politically as an activist, as opposed to a writer or
a scholar.  I
generally do not have enough hours for my political responsibilities
as it is so the last thing I need is to become engaged in a lengthy
debate with other lefties divorced from the political tasks that I
am already am committed to
.

     I do have some very serious fundamental differences with many on
this list regarding many questions of Marxist orthodoxy. A number of
years ago I expressed them in a lengthy discussion regarding the US
invasion of Haiti to restore Aristide to power, I believe that
discussion may have even been on this list serve. If I recall Tim
Wolforth was about the only person who agreed with my position of
critical support for the US invasion. The only reason why I engaged in
that discussion was because it was a major debate on the Haitian left
and in the Haiti Solidarity movement which I have been very involved in.

   One of my major differences with most of my Marxist friends is that
I strongly support
the existence of the state of Israel as a partial solution to the
"Jewish Question" and
yes, I do call myself a Zionist, precisely to stimulate discussion on
this issue in the
anti-war movement and on the left here in South Florida. Now that I
have let the genie
out of the bottle, and come out of the closet on this list, I am going
to prepare a
smorgasbord of some of my polemical writing on this subject that I
have posted on some of the South Florida list serves down through the
years. I will edit them and post them here over the next couple of
days in response to the criticism I am sure I will receive here.

   By the way what is so ridiculous about Ghandi tshirt? I find the
laudatory praising of Hezbollah and Hamas by some contributors of this
list a little more disturbing than my admiration of Ghandi.

   Best Regards,

   Jack

   Quoting dave.walters at comcast.net:

> Jack was always into telemarketing. It is how he sustained himself
> since FIU days.
>
> His knew for-profit web site has lots of interesting T-Shirts. I
> was  scrolling down a set of them in his anti-war collection and
> then one  that stuck out like a poke-in-the-eye:
>
> Two Peoples
> Two States
>
> with a picture of the Palestinian flag and the Israeil flag. Also,
> there is the ridiculous Ghandhi T-shirt with the title "No Lesser
> Evil". What the f*ck?
>
> I must say, he looks like my Uncle Buddy now, having grown much older.
>
> David

Links:
------
[1] http://www.radicaljack.com/