[Marxism] ANSWER's Ultraleftism -Why isn't UFPJ supporting the March on the Pentagon?

jollyjack at riseup.net jollyjack at riseup.net
Sun Feb 18 20:03:19 MST 2007

   Those of you that were in the SWP during the Vietnam War should
know that attempting to build a broad mobilization against the war in
Iraq with ANSWER's shopping list of demands ( listed below) is what is
the cause of the division in the antiwar movement. That, combined with
calling on people to stay and "force congress to vote no on war
funding" ( why not call for a general strike!), dooms this action to
failure.

   Many activists will still turn out because the war is so unpopular,
 but this action will be much smaller and less effective than it could
have been had it been organized around the one demand that can clearly
united the broadest forces in an effective manner that challenges the
war machine. That demand is to "Bring the Troops Home Now" and not
ANSWER's ultraleft claptrap.

   Calling for massive civil disobediance, when the political climate
will not sustain it, and putting forth the illusion it will have the
power to force congress to act, brings back memories of May  Day 1971.
At least May Day mobilized 10,000 people to be arrested, I will be
suprised if ANSWER can mobilize even 500 people to committ civil
disobediance with them

   Best Regards,

   Jack