[Marxism] March 17

Sayan Bhattacharyya ok.president+marxmail at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 00:36:13 MST 2007

On 2/19/07, Eli Stephens <elishastephens at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Just as ANSWER and TONC will be in Washington on March 17 with different
> plans of agenda and different slogans, so too could UfPJ be there with
> their
> own slogans, organizing a day of lobbying Congress on March 19 if they
> chose. Not only did they choose not to do so, they chose to actively
> sabotage the efforts of the other groups.

I'm not sure how this counts as "sabotage".

Scenario 1:  ANSWER calls the DC demo, UFPJ makes no response:

Possible result: X number of people march in DC in response to ANSWER.

Scenario 2: ANSWER calls the DC demo, UFPJ calls for demos in all cities
around the same time (i.e. the current situation):

Possible result: Y number of people march in DC, Z number of people march in
various other cities.

Now obviously Y will be smaller than X.
But (Y+Z) is likely to be larger than X.

So when the newspapers will report the next day, "Y number of people marched
in DC and A, B, C, number of people marched in other cities, it will still
be more impressive than simply X people having marched in DC, because (Y + A
+ B + C + ...), i.e. (Y +Z), is greater than X.