[Marxism] March 17 and ANSWER's Ultraleftism

Sayan Bhattacharyya ok.president+marxmail at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 10:51:28 MST 2007

On 2/19/07, Eric Johnson <ewjohnson72 at yahoo.com> wrote:

And my argument is that not taking on Israel and its roll in the middle east
> while talking about the United states and its role in the middle east IS
> unpricipled, and it is not worth jettisoning to obtain the lowest-common
> denominator.

Seems like  the existence of the two separate coalitions is the best of both
worlds, then. Some folks are uncomfortable with marching in a march that
mentions the Palestinian question and would stay away if Palestine is
mentioned -- they can march with UFPJ events. Some folks are uncomfortable
with marching in a march that does NOT mention the Palestinian question and
would stay away if Palestine is NOT mentioned  -- they can march with ANSWER
events. So instead of unity, the separate existence of these two groups is
to be welcomed as it gives everyone some group to march with.