[Marxism] Cuba to switch to Linux

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Mon Feb 19 15:19:08 MST 2007

Respuesta a:"Re: [Marxism] Cuba to switch to Linux"
Enviado por:dave.walters at comcast.net
Con fecha:17 Feb 2007, a las 18:09

> Interestingly enough, Venezuela is now going to help complete a
> Cuba-to-Venezuela fibre-optic line. It'll take two years to complete.
> Currently Cuba has one of the lowest individual use rates of the
> Internet, a point the US gov't likes to point out as indication of
> Cuba's repressive nature. Of course it would of been a lot easier to
> run a fibre line to Key West than 10 times that distance to Venezuela.

David is completely right. But he misses a most important part of the
story: by forcing Cuba to look Southwards, the embargo is slowly
becoming a most important Bolivarian weapon. If I were Washington, I
would seriously consider its passing away ASAP, or else have
Condoleeza blaming the incumbent officials as agents of dictator
Chávez.

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar