[Marxism] March 17 and ANSWER's Ultraleftism

Sayan Bhattacharyya ok.president+marxmail at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 20:42:06 MST 2007

On 2/19/07, Jon Flanders <jonflanders at jflan.net> wrote:

> NEITHER national coalition, UFPJ or ANSWER would want to put the
> decision making of the movement in the hands of the activist base,
> because on the one hand, the Democratic Party interest might be
> adversely affected, and on the other, some WWP style demands might not
> make the cut.

Such decision-making already exists.  Local groups  meet on their own, and
choose to hold their demonstration on the day UFPJ has called for
mobilisation, or on the day ANSWER has called the mobilisation (or on a
completely separate day), depending on local group's logistics and/or
affinity to UFPJ or ANSWER.

A massed, centralised demonstration will invariably be top-down. In this day
and age, bottom-up demonstrations, not necessarily synchronised, may be the
best solution. Why will the ruling class be intimidated more if 20,000
people march together on DC, as opposed to a combined 20,0000  people
marching on different days in different  hometowns?

That's why I see no solution, until the local antiwar groups see the