[Marxism] Le Monde: Does a superpower still exist?

g.maclennan at qut.edu.au g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Sun Feb 25 15:37:30 MST 2007

>After all, no one knows for sure what the results of a devastating air attack on Iran will be until it has been carried  out.
>Fred Feldman

No we cannot know for certain.  But some things we can be pretty sure about.  If the Americans go for the "bomb them into the stone age" option there will be an enormous shortfall in American hegemony. This is something that we lefties who have no illusions at all about imperialism can have trouble comprehending.

I do not expect America to pay a heavy military price for the coming attack on Iran. But in political terms, despite the opportunism and studpidity of the Iranian regime, any attack will be greeted with genuine dismay from around the world.

regards

Gary