[Marxism] Western Europe grumbling?

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Mon Feb 26 16:11:01 MST 2007

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:36:57 -0300, Nestor Gorojovsky wrote:

> I wonder whether, thanks to the slow but shocking (and gas-supply-
> choking) restablishment of the power of Russia, the bourgeoisies in
> Western Europe are not beginning to resent US grip too much.

  They see themselves to be between a rock and a hard place.

  They are convinced that without the US-Empire they cannot defend
themselves against the international working class and oppressed nations
of the former (?) colonial world, on the other hand the US-bourgeoisie
is pushing their junior allies more and more against the wall with their
military bullying and strategy of unilateral reconquest of the world.
This creates a general tendency to finally fight back, what the far
right e.g. in Germany looks at, another inter-imperialist war by a
league of smaller imperialist nations with a number of client states,
led by German imperialism against the one and only superpower. But this
is still nothing more than a general tendency. See Afghanistan, where
all of them are working together (even Spain and Italy which withdrew
their troops from Iraq).

   Then, as layed out the those articles which Fred Feldman forwarded to
this list, we see a faster then expected (by me, at least) crumbling of
the US unilateral power.

   As Fidel always warned, the military bullying of the US empire
creates an ungovernable world.

   And working people are more and more fed up with the incessant wars
within and without.

Yours,
L.W.

Lüko Willms