[Marxism] The Secret Dealings of Israel, Iran, and the United States

Néstor Gorojovsky nmgoro at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 21:13:32 MDT 2007

Well, the South African who explained me the issue, some 35 years ago,
did not mention the "finesse". I was quite amazed at his explanation,
and though I cannot repeat it in all the details, the general account
still stands in my brain.

His point was that the color code was a "civilization code", where
"white" was not a Nazi racist construct, but rather a "cultural"
construct (we might say today). Darker colored people could, through
effort, become "white". The Japanese were the example he mentioned.

This might well mean that for those supporting Apartheid (this man was
one of them), the "honorary" definition did not count with Japanese.

The argument began with how did South Africa consider Jews, given the
fact that not many NorthWestern Europeans would call them "white" too
easily, not before Hitler at least. He said something like "this
certainly applied" for Jews, like he and me: by running Zionism and
migrating to Israel we would make ourselves "white", or something on
that line. Other Jews, one guesses, were less "white"... Particularly
the Jews at the Warsaw Ghetto, methinks.

But of course you know better, Lajany. Thank you for the information.

--
Néstor