[Marxism] The Secret Dealings of Israel, Iran, and the United States

Lajany Otum lajany_otum at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 02:05:41 MDT 2007

Néstor,
An old book written by a conservative black who visited
South Africa in the 1970's is "Honorary White", by
E. Braithwaite. He was so temporarily upgraded during
his visit there, but if I remember rightly -- I read the
book last a long time ago -- his visit was not much more
pleasant for it.
Never having had the pleasure of directly experiencing
those laws, others here are more qualified to talk about
the ins and outs of the byzantine classification system that
operated in that time. But I do know, it gave enough room
to the authorities to oppress Chinese born in South Africa
while Taiwanese with whom RSA had close business
and diplomatic dealings were "honorary whites" when
they visited the country, as were Japanese.
Probably these exceptions to the rules just reflect the
reality that the system of overt racial hierarchies, which
were enforced with a more brutal uniformity before WW2,
became a redundant encumbrance to capitalism globally
not long after the National Party came to power in 1949.
Lajany Otum