[Marxism] China: a Successful 58th Anniversary (Prensa Latina)

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Tue Oct 2 12:33:34 MDT 2007

Néstor Gorojovsky wrote:

>.... Tibet cannot exist as an independent nation in the current world...

The universal justification of every colonial power throughout
history--"the (fill in the blank) must be colonized because they
cannot exist as an independent nation in the current world"

>...(nor, to my knowledge, has ever been able to)...

"knowledge" equivalent to abysmal ignorance not only of the fact
that Tibet has for many centuries been ruled from Lhasa and never,
until a half-century ago, from Beijing, but also of the fact that the
Tibetans are asking not for independence but for genuine autonomy

But, despite the nonsensical claim that the Tibetans "should be
equated with Zionists," we are spared any attempt to show that claims
based
on pronouncements from the Son of Heaven a few centuries ago are
more valid than claims based on pronouncements from the Father of
the Son of Heaven dating a few centuries earlier.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...It consents and does not
consent to be called
Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos